Easy One-Pot Chicken Fajita Dinner
EASY! ONE-POT Chicken Fajita Dinner made with tender, juicy chicken breasts, fresh sweet pepper, and onions marinated in a homemade seasoning! Makes it perfect for meal prep easy weeknight dinner!
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time40 mins
Servings: 2 servings
- 500 gram Chicken Breast
- 1 Yellow Bell Pepper
- 1 Green Bell Pepper
- 1 clove Garlic
- 1/2 Red Onion
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 1/2 tsp Cumin
- 1 1/2 tsp Chilli Powder
- 1 1/2 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan Salt
- 1/2 Lime
- 1 cup Broth
- 1 cup Tomato Sauce
- 1 cup Sushi Rice
Prepare the chicken and vegetables
Cut the yellow, green bell peppers, and red onion into slices and dice the garlic.
Cut the chicken breasts into strips and set aside.
Mix the chicken breast, yellow and green bell pepper, red onion, garlic, cumin, chilli powder, smoked paprika, salt, the juice of 1/2 of a lime, and 1 tbsp of olive oil in a large mixing bowl until everything is well incorporated.
Cook the chicken and vegetables
Preheat 2 tbsp of oil to high heat in a large frying pan/pot.
Stir fry the chicken along with the vegetables for about 4 minutes or until chicken breasts are mostly cooked on the outside.
Add in the sushi rice, broth, and tomato sauce. Stir until everything is well incorporated and bring it to a boil and then cover the pan with a lid and simmer for 35 minutes.
Stir the rice around every 10 minutes so nothing sticks to the bottom.
Add your favourite garnish
- Garnish (options): Garnish with cilantro and/or fresh lime juice to add extra freshness to the plate.
- Customize: Substitute for different kinds of vegetables and spices to customize to your own taste.
- Broth: use broth of your choice as long as the ratio is the same.
- Simmering times and ratios:
- Sushi rice: rice: 1 cup broth, and 1 cup broth, and 1 cup tomato sauce. Bring to boil, and simmer for 35 minutes.
- White long grain rice: 1 cup rice: 2 cups broth, and 2 cups tomato sauce. Bring to boil, and simmer for 50 minutes.
Calories: 424kcal | Carbohydrates: 48.5g | Protein: 31.5g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 1.5g | Cholesterol: 80mg | Sodium: 1015.5mg | Potassium: 886mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 4.5g | Vitamin A: 1267.5IU | Vitamin C: 88mg | Calcium: 42mg | Iron: 3mg