The Best Pecan Pie is now made from the comfort of your own home! This Pecan Pie recipe is incredibly rich, featuring wonderfully caramelized pecans that fill a buttery, tender pie crust. It’s gluten-free, dairy-free, refined sugar-free, and sure to be a hit this Thanksgiving!
A Healthy Pecan Pie
Yes, you heard right! A healthy pecan pie that is also delicious and it is coming just in time for the cozy fall weather so that you can fit it into your healthy lifestyle. There is no refined sugar in this recipe (we use coconut sugar that has a lower glycemic index than regular white sugar) and we use full fat coconut milk and corn starch as a healthier alternative to thicken the pie.
How to Make Pecan Pie
This is a really easy recipe. Like a seriously easy recipe.
All we have to do to get started is to gather all the ingredients and blend them together and this will be our filling. We then pour this filling into our pie crust, top with some pecans and sprinkles of coconut sugar and then toss it in the over. If you don’t know how to make a pie crust don’t worry: I made a recipe for the pie crust here, which you can use for other recipes too.
How do you test for doneness?
There is no secret to knowing when the pie is done. All we are checking for is the top of the pie to turn a medium to dark brown (kind of a like a carmelized look) and the filling to jiggle a bit when we move it. It will settle once we pull it out of the oven. And that is it!
Enjoy as it is or my favourite way to enjoy this is to top it off with some vanilla ice cream. hmmm… it’s so so good🤤
- Store in an airtight container for 3-5 days
- Keep in an airtight container freeze for up to 3 months. To thaw, leave the pecan pie in the refrigerator overnight. Then warm it up in the microwave or oven.
- Gently spread the pecan over the pie filling. The pecan will sink slightly and will stay in place as the pie filling bakes in the oven to form its shape.
If you are looking for more healthy/easy dessert recipes, check out my:
- Pumpkin Pie Recipe (Vegan/GF)
- Chocolate Mousse (Vegan/Sugar-Free)
- Blueberry Muffins (Vegan/GF/Sugar-Free)
- Strawberry Crumble Bars (Vegan/GF)
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Granola Bar (Vegan/GF)
- Cookies and Cream Donuts (Vegan/Easy)
- Best Maple Pecan Coconut Granola (Oil-Free/GF/Vegan)
Finally, if you ever decide to make this recipe and share it on Facebook or Instagram. Don’t forget to tag me @onehungrymonkey, or #onehungrymonkey. I would love to see your delicious creations! Never miss a recipe by signing up for our email list!
The BEST Pecan Pie Recipe (GF/Dairy-Free)
- 1 cup Full-Fat Coconut Milk
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 tbsp Coconut Sugar
- 1/2 cup Coconut Sugar
- 1 cup Pecan
- 3 tbsp Corn Starch
- 1/4 tsp Himalayan Salt
- High Speed Blender
- 9-inch Pie Tin
- 9-inch Pie Crust
- Preheat the oven to 175°.
Make the filling
- Blend the full-fat coconut milk, eggs, vanilla extract, 1/2 cup of coconut sugar, corn starch, and Himalayan salt in a high-speed blend on high speed until everything is smooth and well incorporated.
Make the pie
- Pour the pecan pie mixture into the 9-inch pie crust.
- Sprinkle the pecans all over the pecan pie mixture gently. The pecans will slightly sink halfway into the mixture. That is completely normal.
- Gently sprinkle 1 tbsp of coconut sugar all over the pecan pie. Make sure all surface is covered.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Let is cool 15-20 minutes before serving.
- Place one slice on a plate, then top with vanilla ice cream. (optional)
- Full fat coconut milk cannot be replaced with light coconut milk.
- Coconut sugar can be replaced with brown sugar.
- Keep the pecan pie in an air-tight container in the fridge 3-5 days.
Want to save this Pecan Pie Recipe for later? Pin the recipe to your Pinterest boards: