Fluffy, Vegan, Sugar-Free, Gluten-Free Strawberry Cake Pancakes make the perfect breakfast! Filled with an easy homemade Strawberry Sauce. Enjoy a healthier version of our favourite classic!
Fresh strawberry cake is a classic dessert but it comes at a cost. Cake is usually loaded with sugar and butter which makes it quite heavy. Instead, we are going to take the same sweet flavours and make Strawberry Cake Pancakes that are sugar-free, gluten-free, and vegan. You will be delighted by how fluffy and delicious these eggless, non-dairy pancakes are and they are sure to satisfy any sweet-tooth you might have.
To make the pancake batter we are going to combine baking soda, baking powder, almond milk, apple cider, pure vanilla, stevia and oat flour. I decided to go with oat flour because it has a light texture that keeps the pancakes soft and fluffy when you cook it. If you don’t have oat flour you can make it by blending some oatmeal in a high-speed blender.
Cooking the Pancakes
We are going to cook these pancakes in a non-stick pan with a little coconut oil until they are golden brown. I find coconut oil really compliments the flavours found in the pancakes and is a great source of healthy fats.
Btw: I would highly recommend these silicon pancake circles. They work like magic and they make your pancakes perfectly round for a good looking stack!
The Strawberry Jam
The strawberry jam takes these pancakes to the next level and is an absolute must. I am using my homemade strawberry jam because it’s fresh, sweet, tangy and sugar-free. If you haven’t checked it out I highly recommend it as it goes great on so much more than just pancakes.
Tower of awesome: building the pancake stack
To complete the strawberry cake experience we are going to build our pancake stack the same way we would build an actual cake. I built my stack like this:
- Strawberry sauce
- Coconut whipped cream
- Next pancake
Repeat until finished. You’ll find that the heat from the pancakes will gently melt the whipped cream and it will combine with the strawberry jam as pictured.
By the way: I found it was easiest to spread the jam on the pancake first and then put it on the stack.
Melted whipped cream, fresh strawberry jam, warm pancakes – starting the day off right.
- You can make oat flour by blending oats in a high-speed blender until it turns into a fine flour consistency. Oat flour is what I used to make the pancakes gluten-free.
- These pancakes are perfect for serving right away or frozen for tomorrow’s breakfast on the go!
- You can substitute stevia with another sweetener such as monk fruit sugar. Keep in mind that different sweetener has different levels of sweetness.
Finally, if you ever decide to make this recipe and share it on Facebook or Instagram. Don’t forget to tag me @onehungrymonkey, or #onehungrymonkey. I would love to see your delicious creations! Never miss a recipe by signing up to our email list!
Strawberry Cake Pancake
Making the pancake batter
- Mix all the dry ingredients (oat flour, baking soda, baking powder, and stevia) and wet ingredients (almond milk, apple cider vinegar, and vanilla extract) well in a large mixing bowl. You want to mix the batter until there are no lumps in the mixture.
Cooking the pancakes
- Bring a non-stick pan to medium-low heat. (If you don't have a non-stick pan, add coconut oil or non-stick spray to prevent the pancake from sticking to the bottom of the pan.)
- Pour 1/4 cup of the pancake batter into the pan and cook for 3-4 minutes until bubbles pop on the edge of the pancake. Then flip, cook for another 1-2 minutes until golden brown. Repeat with the remainder of the batter.
Building the stack
- Building the pancake stack by layering pancake, coconut whipped cream, strawberry jam, next pancake, and then repeat until finished.
- Garnish with some fresh strawberries and slivered almonds for extra flavour. (Optional)
- Oat flour to regular flour
- Stevia to monk fruit sugar (you may need 1/2-1 tbsp more monk fruit sugar since stevia is sweeter)
Want to save these Strawberry Cake Pancakes for later? Pin the recipe to your Pinterest boards:
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.