This Strawberry Nanaimo Bar Recipe takes a soft fudgy brownie, and layers it with homemade strawberry cream and dark chocolate! It’s Vegan and Gluten-Free and is sure to satisfy your sweet tooth! It also happens that Valentine’s Day is just around the corner, and this would be a totally great dessert to make for your sweeter half!😋
How to Make Strawberry Brownies Recipe?
The brownie layer consists of roasted sweet potato puree, cocoa powder, oat flour, cashew butter, maple syrup, and salt. Simply whip up all the ingredients in a large mixing bowl then bake in the oven.
You can substitute cashew butter for any kind of nut/seed butter for the same ratio.
This layer is made from coconut cream (the hardened part of full-fat coconut milk that is left in the fridge overnight), soaked cashews, and strawberry jam. Feel free to use any type of jam, but if you are looking for an amazing homemade recipe check out my sugar-free strawberry jam recipe!
This is the easiest layer of the recipe. Basically, all you have to do is to melt chocolate with a little bit of coconut oil. Drizzle all over the strawberry cream layer, then cool in the bars in the freezer.
What Makes These Nanaimo Bars Healthy
What is really healthy about these Nanaimo bars is that they are made from sweet potato puree and oatmeal flour so they are packed with nutrients. On top of that, the Strawberry cream has no added sugar, but you would guess otherwise!
- Sweet potato and oatmeal are a good source of fibre, vitamins and minerals. It also fits most dietary needs or sensitivities.
- I experimented with making this strawberry cream sugar-free by using stevia. It turned out so creamy, rich, and decadent your guests would never be able to tell it’s Vegan and Sugar-Free
This Strawberry Brownies Recipe makes the perfect Valentine’s day dessert, or even just everyday dessert since it’s so good for you! If you ever decide to make this recipe and share it on Facebook or Instagram. Don’t forget to tag me @onehungrymonkey, or #onehungrymonkey. I would love to see your delicious creations! Never miss a recipe by signing up for our email list!
If you enjoyed this recipe, you may also like:
Strawberry Nanaimo Bars (V/GF)
- 1 cup Sweet Potato Puree
- 1/4 cup Cocoa Powder
- 1/4 cup Oat Flour
- 1/2 cup Cashew Butter
- 1/4 cup Maple Syrup
- 1/8 tsp Himalayan Salt
- 240 g Coconut Cream
- 150 g Raw Cashew
- 2 tbsp Stevia
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/8 tsp Himalayan Salt
- 1/4 cup Strawberry Jam
- 100 g Dark Chocolate
- 1 tbsp Coconut Oil
- Large mixing bowls
- Small Pot
- Baking Tray
- Parchment Paper
- High Speed Blender
Making the Brownie
- Preheat oven to 175°C.
- Mix sweet potato puree, cocoa powder, oat flour, cashew butter, maple syrup, and salt in a large mixing bowl. Mixing until everything is well incorporated.
- Pour the brownie batter into an 8X8 inch baking tray that has been sprayed with cooking spray and lined with parchment paper.
- Bake the brownie for 20 minutes. Take it out of the oven to let it cool completely. ** It is very important you let the brownie cool because if they are hot the strawberry cream will melt right off of it.
- Combine coconut cream, soaked cashews, stevia, vanilla extract, and salt in a high-speed blender. Pulse and blend until the cream mixture is smooth. It will take a couple of minutes and may need a tamper to mix everything every once in a while.
- Pour the cream into a mixing bowl and combine it with the strawberry jam. Let it cool in the fridge until the cream thickens.
- Melt chocolate with coconut oil on a double boiler until everything is evenly incorporated. Let it cool a little before adding it to the strawberry cream layer.
Putting everything together
- Spread the strawberry cream on the cool brownie, then pour the melted chocolate on top of the strawberry cream. Cool in the freezer for 10 minutes or until the chocolate layer has hardened.
- Rinse cutting knife with hot water, wipe off the excess water with a paper towel, then gently slice the strawberry brownies into 9 pieces.
- To make sweet potato puree. Roast sweet potato at 200°C for 1 hour. Peel the skin, then blend with a food processor until it turns into puree form.
- Substitute cashew butter with any kind of nut/seed butter with the same ratio will work for this recipe.
- Substitute stevia with 1/4 cup of maple syrup.
- When cutting into the brownie bars. Rinse the knife under warm water, then wipe the excess water with a towel.
Want to save this Strawberry Brownie recipe for later? Pin the recipe to your Pinterest boards: