Delicious No-Bake Peanut Butter Chocolate Granola Bar makes the perfect snack and breakfast on the go! It’s crunchy and chewy texture goes perfectly with the dark chocolate chips. Also, it is easy to make, and only requires 6 simple ingredients! Let’s jump into it!
The Perfect Snack!
I have always loved granola bars because they are a great snack between classes or as a dessert at lunchtime. For this recipe, we are going to create a granola bar that is sweet, chewy and has a satisfying crunchy texture with every bite. Best of all it is naturally sweetened so you can feel good about snacking on these bars whenever you please.😄
Granola Bar-Dry Ingredients
These granola bars use some pretty common ingredients. I wouldn’t be surprised if you already have a lot of them in your pantry. The most important ingredient to have on-hand is oatmeal because it is the base of these granola bars and the rest can be customized based on your preferences. I really enjoy the crunchiness from pecans and almonds which is why I included them but if you don’t have them or prefer other nuts they will work just as well.
Granola Bar-Wet Ingredients
We are going to bind the dry ingredients together using smooth natural peanut butter blended with dates. The peanut butter and dates are going to give the granola bars a deliciously rich sweet flavour without having to use any artificial or unnatural sweeteners. To do that all we have to do is blend together the dates and the peanut butter until we get a thick paste that we can use to mould the granola bars together.
Making the Granola Bars
Making the granola bars is as easy as combining the dry ingredients with the peanut butter paste that we just talked about. We then take that mixture and press it into a baking tray with parchment paper and set it in a fridge to harden. I pressed my mixture into a 9.25″ x5.25″ x 2.75″ baking tray with parchment paper (pictured above) because at this size I find the granola bars have a desirable thickness to them. And that’s it!
These tasty healthy granola bars are packed with healthy fats, proteins and fibre. Everyone in the house likes them and they are always a great snack while working or on the road. Another bonus is the fact they are easily customizable too. Any of the nuts or chocolate can be subbed out for your favourites at any time.
Peanut Butter Chocolate Granola Bars
- 1 cup Dates
- 1/4 cup Peanut Butter
- Food Processor/Blender
- Baking Tray
- Mix almonds, pecan, rolled oats, and chocolate chips together in a large bowl until evenly incorporated. Then set aside.
- Blend peanut butter and dates in a blender or a food processor until it turns into a paste.tip: Soak the dates in hot water for 5 minutes before blending to avoid clumps.
Making the granola bars
- Combine the dry ingredients with the peanut butter paste. Mix with a spatula until everything is evenly incorporated.
- Grease the baking tray (9.25X5.25X2.75 inch). Then line with parchment paper.
- Transfer the granola mixture onto the baking tray. Press the mixture flat with a spatula.
- Put the granola bar in the fridge to form 3 hours or until firm enough to be picked up. Then cut evenly into 6 servings or any size you prefer.
- for different kinds of nuts for the same ratio.
- for different kinds of nut butters for the same ratio.
2. Soaking the dates before using will make it easier to blend.
- keep the granola bars in the fridge up to 7 days in a air-tight container.
Want to save this Peanut Butter Chocolate Granola Bars recipe for later? Pin the recipe to your Pinterest boards:
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.