This simple Honey Lemon Salmon Recipe is as delicious as it looks. It features a beautiful combination of herbs and spices and just the right amount of honey that glazes the fish perfectly when it comes out of the oven. Best of all it’s easy to make, ready in just 30 minutes, and it’s the perfect healthy lunch or dinner when paired with your favourite veggies.
How to Make Honey Lemon Salmon
As is the case with my favourite recipes, the real secret to a delicious honey lemon salmon is to use really fresh ingredients, and not overcomplicate the dish with store-bought sauces. So for this recipe, we are using fresh parsley, lemon, honey, and some other spices and that’s it! Just a really great combination that compliments the salmon really well, and that you can make this a nourishing meal for you and your family!
How Long to Bake Salmon?
I have found a sweet spot – from baking this salmon 100 times – is 175°C/350°F for about 15 minutes. If you are not sure if the salmon is cooked, use a thermometer to check for the internal temperature to come up to 70ºC (158ºF) for at least 15 seconds. If you don’t have a thermometer you also visually tell the salmon is done because it flakes easily when you pull it apart.
What to Eat Honey Lemon Salmon With?
My personal favourite is to serve this honey lemon salmon with broccolini on a bed of sushi rice. It’s something about the combination of a glazed salmon and vegetable that is satisfying but isn’t so heavy. If broccolini isn’t your thing then I also recommend asparagus or green beans as they also go well with this salmon.
If you enjoyed this recipe, you may also like:
- Easy Chicken Dinner Recipe
- Easy Turkey Meatball (Paleo/Whole30)
- Shakshuka (Poached Eggs in Tomato Sauce)
Finally, if you ever decide to make this recipe and share it on Facebook or Instagram. Don’t forget to tag me @onehungrymonkey, or #onehungrymonkey. I would love to see your delicious creations! Never miss a recipe by signing up for our email list!
Honey Lemon Salmon
- 420 g Salmon
- 1/2 tbsp Honey
- 1/2 Lemon
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 15 g Italian Parsley
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp Paprika
- 1/2 tsp Oregano
- 1/4 tsp Onion Powder
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan Salt
- Baking Sheet
- Parchment Paper
- Small Mixing Bowl
- Cutting Board
- Use cold water to rinse salmon, pad dry with a paper towel. Set aside.
- Chop the Italian parsley into small pieces (1/2-1/4cm). Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, add honey, juice of 1/2 lemon, olive oil, 3/4 chopped Italian parsley, garlic powder, paprika, oregano, onion powder, and Himalayan salt. Mix until everything is evenly incorporated.
Cooking the Salmon
- Preheat the oven to 175°C/350°F.
- Pour the marinade all over the salmon. Rub the marinade make sure all the parts of the salmon is covered.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes or until the internal temperature comes to 70ºC (158ºF) for at least 15 seconds.
- Garnish with the rest of the Italian parsley, enjoy!
Want to save this recipe for later? Pin the recipe to your Pinterest boards: