These are the Best Fudgy Healthy Brownies! They are rich, moist, and luscious and super easy to make! Using only 8 wholesome ingredients and naturally sweetened. It just happens to be gluten-free, oil-free and dairy-free. Let’s jump into it, shall we?
I know, it’s kind of hard to believe that brownies and healthy can be in the same sentence but it’s true! These brownies are made with 8 wholesome ingredients that you can go ahead and indulge in without worrying about not sticking to your fitness goals.
How to Make Healthy Brownies
The process of making these brownies couldn’t be any easier. Start with gathering all the ingredients. Then, all you have to do is to blend up all the ingredients in a food processor or blender until smooth. Pop it in the oven and a few minutes later you will end up with this gooey, chocolatey, luxurious brownie that makes your whole house smell like chocolate heaven!
How to Make the Brownies Fudgy Without Oil?
Normally what makes a brownie fudgy is its fat content – usually butter and oil – to flour ratio. So instead of using butter and oil for this recipe we are going to use almond butter and apple sauce to make the brownies fudgy. The result is the brownies come out super fudgy and decadent, and you would never guess there’s not a drop of oil in this recipe.
Healthy Easy Treat!
It is so much fun baking for my guests and neighbours which is why I made this brownies recipe. They are so easy to whip up and everyone who has tried them always comes back for more. My favourite way to serve these healthy brownies is eating them when they are still warm with a glass of milk/almond milk. And don’t forget to dip them in too!😉
- Substitution almond butter with other kinds of nut/seed butter with the same ratio.
- Freeze the brownie in an airtight container up to 3 months. You can then thaw them by placing them in the refrigerator overnight and heating them up in the microwave before serving.
If you enjoyed this Healthy Brownie Recipe, you may also enjoy these:
- Chocolate Mousse (Vegan/Sugar-Free)
- Pumpkin Pie Recipe (Vegan/GF)
- Blueberry Muffins (Vegan/GF/Sugar-Free)
- Strawberry Crumble Bars (Vegan/GF)
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Granola Bar (Vegan/GF)
- Cookies and Cream Donuts (Vegan/Easy)
- Best Maple Pecan Coconut Granola (Oil-Free/GF/Vegan)
Finally, if you ever decide to make this recipe and share on Facebook or Instagram. Don’t forget to tag me @onehungrymonkey, or #onehungrymonkey. I would love to see your delicious creations! Never miss a recipe by signing up to our email list!
Healthy Brownies Recipe(GF/Oil-Free/Dairy-Free)
- 125 g Dates soaked
- 1/3 cup Almond Butter
- 1/4 cup Apple Sauce
- 1/3 cup Cocoa Powder
- 1 tbsp Flaxseed /Egg
- 1/2 cup Full Fat Coconut Milk
- 1/4 cup Brown Rice Flour
- 1/8 cup Chocolate Chips
- Food Processor
- 9.5X4.5X2.5 inch Baking Tin
- Preheat oven at 175°C.
- If you are making the brownie with a flax egg. Mix 1 tbsp of ground flaxseed in 3 tbsp of water for 5 minutes until the mixture thickens.
- Spray down the baking tin with baking spray, then line with parchment paper, set aside.
- Soak the date in hot water for 10 minutes until it is soft.
- Blend dates, almond butter, apple sauce, cocoa powder, flax egg/egg, coconut milk, brown rice flour in the food processor until everything is well incorporated.
- Add the mixture into the baking tin. Then add 1/3 of the chocolate chips into the brownie mix, mix well. Top it off with the rest of the chocolate chips.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes. Let it cool for 10-15 minutes before serving.
- Making the vegan version by substituting 1 egg for 1 flax egg (1 tbsp ground flaxseed mixed in 3 tbsp of water).
- Keep brownies in a air-tight continer in the fridge up to a week.
Want to save this Healthy Brownie Recipe for later? Pin the recipe to your Pinterest boards: