This Easy Turkey Chili Recipe is comforting, rich, and robust! Super easy to make. Ready in just 30 minutes! Perfect for an easy weeknight dinner or meal prep.
Chilli is the ultimate comfort food. I love it especially in the fall season when the weather starts to get a little chilly. Not only is this dish super satisfying. It is also packed with fresh veggies and protein that are easily customizable. Anyone can perfect this dish without much effort.
What Goes into the Turkey Chili
There are 4 main ingredient groups that make this chilli
- Ground turkey
- Tomato Sauce
For the veggies, I use a combination of corn, green bell peppers, onion and garlic. I find the combination of these to be absolutely delicious as is but if you want to change it up I also find adding celery, carrot, and zucchinis is also pleasant, too. For the tomato sauce, I recommend using a plain crushed tomato because we will season it the way we want to. Which brings me to the spices. This chilli has a smoky, Mexican vibe to it because we are going to use cumin, chilli powder, and chipotle peppers to give the sauce a robust, spicy flavour.
How to Make Turkey Chili
To make the best turkey chili. You want to cook all the veggies perfectly without overcooking the turkey and to do that I have broken it down into these 4 simple steps:
- Sauteed the veggies until they are almost cooked.
- Add in the ground turkey, stir fry until it changes colour and is cooked.
- Add spices, beans, crushed tomato. Mix well.
- Bring to boil then simmer.
It’s great as a dip for chips!
I personally enjoy the chilli on its own, but if I am having company over ill serve this recipe as a dip with some nacho chips or even serve it with rice to make it a complete meal. One thing I like to do either way is to finish the chilli with some garnish. Here are some ideas for you:
- Green onion
- Sour cream
Here are some substitution ideas for you if you want to change it up:
- Veggies: zucchini, celery, carrots. Dice into the same size.
- Crushed Tomato: tomato sauce of your choice
- Red kidney beans: pinto beans
Consistency: Thicken the chilli by adding corn starch slurry 1-2 tsp mixed with double the amount of cold water. Add it in into the chilli at the end.
If you enjoyed this easy turkey chili recipe, you may also enjoy:
Finally, if you ever decide to make this recipe and share on Facebook or Instagram. Don’t forget to tag me @onehungrymonkey, or #onehungrymonkey. I would love to see your delicious creations! Never miss a recipe by signing up to our email list!
Easy Turkey Chili
- 450 g Ground Turkey
- 660 ml Crushed Tomato
- 540 ml Red Kidney Beans
- 341 ml Corn
- 140 g Green Pepper
- 1 medium Onion
- 3 cloves Garlic
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 2 tbsp Chili Powder
- 1/4 tsp Chipotle Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan Salt
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- Large pot
Making the chilli
- Dice green pepper, onion, and garlic. Set aside.
- Add 2 tbsp of olive oil into a large pot on medium-high heat.
- Once the oil is heated, add green pepper, onion, and garlic to stir fry for about 3 minutes until the vegetables are translucent.
- Add grounded turkey, stir fry for 2-3 minutes until the meat starts to change colour to grey.
- Add all the spices, mix it well into the grounded turkey. Then add the red kidney beans, corn, salt, and crushed tomato.
- Stir until everything is well incorporated. Bring it to a boil, then simmer for 10 minutes.
- Serve in a bowl, top with sour cream, jalapeno, cilantro and lime for garnish. (optional)
- Keep chili in an air-tight container up to 5 days.
Want to save this Easy Turkey Chili Recipe for later? Pin the recipe to your Pinterest boards: