Easy to make, Delicious Thumbprint Cookies make the perfect holiday treats! Crunchy on the outside and soft on the inside with endless filling options. All you need is 6 ingredients and 30 minutes! They are also Vegan, Gluten-Free, and Oil-Free!
Ingredients for Thumbprint Cookies
These cookies are so decadent and delicious that you would never guess that they are gluten-free and packed with healthy ingredients. We don’t need to add eggs, oil, or processed sugar to this recipe because we are using almond flour and maple syrup which will give the cookies a crunchy texture and sweet flavour.
- Almond Flour
- Corn Starch
- Cashew Butter
- Maple Syrup
- Jam of your choice (Strawberry Jam Recipe)
Easy to Make
I love making recipes that are simple and delicious. These cookies only need 15 minutes to prep and 15 minutes to bake. And paired with your favourite jam with a glass of milk or almond milk – hmmm~ HEAVEN!
Holiday Dessert Ideas
- Homemade Cinnamon Buns
- Best Pecan Pie Recipe (Dairy-Free/GF)
- Best Pumpkin Pie Recipe (V/GF)
- Easy Pie Crust Recipe (V/GF)
- Healthy Brownie Recipe (Dairy-Free, GF)
Can I Freeze Thumbprint Cookies?
Yes! You can absolutely freeze these thumbprint cookies! Simply make the batter and freeze it for up to 3 months. When you are ready, thaw the batter in the fridge overnight. The next morning bake them the same way you would if you were to bake them from fresh. It is really that easy!
Finally, if you ever decide to make this recipe and share it on Facebook or Instagram. Don’t forget to tag me @onehungrymonkey, or #onehungrymonkey. I would love to see your delicious creations! Never miss a recipe by signing up for our email list!
Easy Thumbprint Cookies
- 1/4 cup Cashew Butter
- 1/2 cup Maple Syrup
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 3/4 cup Almond Flour
- 1/2 cup Corn Starch
- Ice Cream Scoop
Prepare the cookies
- Mix almond flour, corn starch and salt in a large mixing bowl until everything is well incorporated.
- Mix maple syrup and cashew butter in a medium mixing bowl until everything is well incorporated.
- Mix wet with dry ingredients.
- Use a 2 1/2 tbsp ice cream scoop to scoop the cookie dough and place the dough on the tray. Then press the dough down on the tray to form a flat circle.
- Press the center of the cookies with your thumb to make a dent, then fill with your favourite jam.
Bake the cookies
- Bake the cookies for 15 minutes. Then let it cool down for another 10-15 minutes. Enjoy!
- Use a smaller ice cream scoop to make smaller cookies.
- Thumbprint cookies will keep in the fridge for 5 days in an air-tight container.
Want to save this Easy Thumbprint Cookie recipe for later? Pin the recipe to your Pinterest boards: