Easy to Make, Sugar-Free Strawberry Jam that only requires 5 simple ingredients! Perfect to spread on toasts, pancakes, and your favourite smoothie bowls!
Skip the sugary store-bought jam. Instead, take just 15 minutes out of your day to make a healthier version of your favourite strawberry jam! Made with only 5 ingredients, Sugar-Free, and incredibly customizable! Let’s jump into it!
Easy to make Strawberry Jam!
Although store-bought jams are convenient they are often loaded with sugar and preservatives which is why this strawberry jam makes a great healthier alternative.
It’s really easy to make. We are first going to cook down the strawberries in lemon juice and stevia. I use stevia to make this recipe with no added sugar. We then add some vanilla extract for extra flavour and some corn starch to thicken the jam. That’s it! It’s ready in just 15 minutes.
The best part of this recipe is that you can make jams out of any of your favourite berries. Another personal favourite of mine is making blueberry jam. It goes really on toast or topped with my Maple Pecan Coconut Granola.
You can also thicken the jam by adding more corn starch. I recommend adding 1 tsp of corn starch with 2 tsp water at a time so you don’t accidentally add too much and make the jam too thick.
- Fresh vs Frozen Berries: I have tested out both fresh and frozen berries, they both work for this recipe.
- Substitution: You can substitute or add other berries to this recipe at a 1:1 ratio.
- Thicker Jam: Add 1 tsp of corn starch mixed in 2 tsp of water slowly.
- Thinner Jam: To make the jam thinner you can halve the amount of corn starch in the jam.
You can use this healthy homemade Strawberry Jam on just about anything. I love putting it on my pancakes, toasts, smoothie bowl, yogurt bowl, and sometimes I eat it right out of the jar.
If you are looking for ways to use this jam you can check out my Strawberry Cake Pancake recipe! It’s one of those recipes that work for breakfast and dessert! Also never miss a recipe by signing up to our email list!
Easy Strawberry Jam (Sugar-Free)
- 2 cup Strawberry
- 1 1/2 tbsp Stevia
- 2 tsp Corn Starch
- 1/4 Lemon
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
- Small Pot
Prepare the jam
- Add strawberries, juice of a 1/4 of a lemon, and stevia into a small pot.
- Boil and then simmer for 10 minutes to let the strawberries release their juices. Stir frequently to avoid strawberries sticking to the bottom of the pot.
- Add vanilla and corn starch mixed with 1 tbsp of water into the pot. Stir the strawberry mixture for 1-2 minutes until the corn starch has thickened the jam.
- At this time if the jam is the desired thickness you can turn off the heat and let it cool.
Thicken the jam (optional)
- Thicken the jam by mixing 1 tsp of corn starch mixed with 2 tsp of water at a time until you get the desired consistency.
- Fresh/Frozen: Both fresh and frozen berries work for this recipe.
- Substitution: You can substitute or add other kinds of berries into the recipe as long as the ratios are the same.
- Thicker Jam: Add 1 tsp of corn starch mixed in 2 tsp of water.
- Thinner Jam: To make this jam thinner you can halve the amount of corn starch.
- Storing: Store in an airtight container for 1-2 weeks in the fridge.
Want to save this Easy Strawberry Jam for later? Pin the recipe to your Pinterest boards: