Nothing like this Quick and Easy French Toast Recipe to start your morning. It only requires 7 ingredients and 30 minutes to make a sweet and satisfying breakfast!
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. This easy french toast recipe is for those days you have a little bit time in hand and feel like treating yourself with something a little fancier! Soft and gooey french toasts topped with your favourite toppings. Hmmm~ Sounds like my kind of breakfast. Let’s get into it, shall we?
HOW TO MAKE FRENCH TOAST?
- The key to making delicious french toasts is the batter! The batter is made up of a couple of simple ingredients you probably already have in your pantry and fridge.
- Dip the bread into the batter on both sides.
- Fry it up on a griddle or frying pan for a few minutes each side.
- Serve with your favourite toppings and maple syrup!
WHAT KIND OF BREAD TO USE FOR FRENCH TOAST?
My recommendations for the kind of bread to use for this french toast is your favourite type of bread (whole grain, white etc…) that is thick cut and slightly stale. That is because we want the bread to absorb as much of the batter as possible and if it is thick and dry it will absorb more.
WHAT KIND OF MILK TO USE?
I have made this recipe with both dairy and non-dairy milk and there wasn’t a big difference in the french toast. So I would say you can use whatever milk you have in hand to make this recipe.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH FRENCH TOAST?
I love to serve my french toast with fresh berries and maple syrup. Other toppings that go great with it are:
- coconut chips
- whipped cream
If you enjoy this recipe, check out these sweet breakfasts recipes
- Strawberry Crumble Bars (V/GF)
- Strawberry Cake Pancake (V/Sugar-Free)
- Blueberry Muffins (V/Sugar-Free)
- Maple Pecan Coconut Granola (V/GF/Oil-Free)
Finally, if you ever decide to make this recipe and share it on Facebook or Instagram. Don’t forget to tag me @onehungrymonkey, or #onehungrymonkey. I would love to see your delicious creations! Never miss a recipe by signing up for our email list!
Easy French Toast Recipe
- 6 slices Bread
- 3 Eggs
- 1 1/2 tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1/4 cup Almond Milk
- 1 tbsp Maple Syrup
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- Frying Pan
- Preheat a frying pan on medium heat, then heat up 1/2 tsp coconut oil.
- Mix eggs, almond milk, maple syrup, cinnamon, and salt in a shallow dish with a whisk until everything is well incorporated.
Cooking the french toast
- Dip both sides of the bread in the egg batter, dredge well on both sides then place it on the high greased pan.
- Cook 1-2 minutes on each side until the bread turns golden brown.
- Serve warm with berries and maple syrup. (optional)
Want to save this French Toast Recipe for later? Pin the recipe to your Pinterest boards: