This delicious Easy Chocolate Mousse Recipe is it rich, chocolaty, and smooth, it’s packed with tonnes of plant-based protein and it is also sugar-free! It only takes 10 minutes and 4 healthy ingredients to make! I promise you won’t regret making this.
What Makes the Mousse Silky Smooth?
You read that right: tofu is the secret ingredient in this recipe that gives the chocolate mousse a smooth and creamy texture. You won’t even know it’s there when we flavour it with cocoa powder, stevia/monk fruit sugar, and vanilla extract.
How to Make Chocolate Mousse
Making this delicious chocolate mousse recipe is as easy as putting all the ingredients into a high-speed blender and blending them together. Start on medium speed and move up incrementally to high speed. You might need to press the tofu down with a tamper to help blend everything. Altogether it takes 2 minutes to get the perfect smooth texture!
Add all the ingredients into your high-speed blender. Start on medium speed. You might need a tamper to press the tofu down at the beginning to help everything to blend smoothly. That is probably the hardest work you will have to do for this recipe.
Super Smooth Chocolate Mousse!
The mousse comes out super creamy and smooth! I would recommend chilling in the fridge for 2 hr first before serving. Serve on its own or with your favourite berries.
Healthy Delicious Mousse
The chocolate mousse is ready to eat straight out of the blender or it can be stored in a jar in the fridge. It’s hard to describe how silky smooth and healthy this chocolate mousse really is. You will be surprised that something that tastes this good can also be so healthy.
This decadent dessert is just as satisfying as the non-vegan version. The berries balance out the richness of the chocolate. My boyfriend’s mom who is not vegan absolutely loved it.
This Chocolate Mousse is:
- Incredibly DELICIOUS!
Check out more Vegan Dessert Recipes:
- Cookies and Cream Donuts
- Best Pumpkin Pie Recipe
- Strawberry Crumble Bars
- Strawberry Cake Pancake
- Maple Pecan Coconut Granola
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Granola Bars
- Blueberry Muffins
If you make this recipe and decide to share it on Instagram or Facebook @onehungrymonkey & #onehungrymonkey. I would love to see all your creations! Never miss a recipe by signing up for our email list!
Easy Chocolate Mousse Recipe
- 700 gram (700 gram) soft tofu
- 5 tbsp (5 tbsp) cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp (2 tbsp ) stevia
- 1 tsp (1 tsp ) vanilla extract
- High Speed Blender
Making the mousse
- Add all the tofu, cocoa powder, stevia and vanilla into a high-speed blender.
- Blend on medium speed until creamy and smooth. You may need to press down the tofu with a tamper so it blends into smaller pieces. Scrape down the sides with a spatula as needed.
- (optional) Adjust the flavours by adding more cocoa powder (for more chocolate flavour) or stevia (for a sweeter flavour.)
Enjoy the mousse
- Enjoy as it is or serve with fresh blueberries and strawberries.
Storing the mousse
- Divide between jars and store in a fridge.
- Use a tamper to press down the tofu at the beginning of the blending process to help to blend the mousse.
- Best served after chilled for 2 hours in the fridge
- For the sugar-free option. Substitute stevia with monk fruit sugar. 1tbsp stevia for 2 tbsp monk fruit sugar.
Want to save this Vegan Chocolate Mousse for later? Pin the recipe to your Pinterest boards: