Easy Chicken Dinner Recipe roasted in the oven, all on one sheet pan. Juicy chicken breast paired with roasted potatoes that are crispy on the outside, fluffy on the inside. And course a side of your favourite roasted cauliflower. Makes the perfect weeknight dinner!
I do love cooking, but after a long day of work, I just want to get in and out of the kitchen as quickly as possible. This Easy Chicken Dinner Recipe is the perfect weeknight dinner for those nights you want something hearty and delicious, but at the same time not having to slave away in the kitchen for hours. It’s ready within an hour with minimum dishes.
INGREDIENTS FOR CHICKEN DINNER
Chicken: I like to use chicken breasts with the bone still attached because it gives the meat more flavour and is juicer.
Potatoes: I recommend using yellow or Russet potatoes because they are more starchy and as a result are fluffy on the inside and crispy on the outside.
Vegetable: Cauliflower goes perfectly with this dish. However, you can definitely substitute for another vegetable if you wish.
Seasoning: I put together a dry rub that goes really well on the chicken, vegetables and potatoes. (see in recipe card)
SIDES FOR CHICKEN DINNER
These potato wedges are the perfect side to our chicken dinner for two! The secret to potatoes that are crispy on the outside and soft on the inside is the boil the potatoes first before baking. I know it’s one extra step, but please trust me on this one. The result is totally worth it!
Cauliflower has a shorter cooking time than the chicken and the potatoes so I throw it into the oven 10 minutes after everything else.
WHAT GOES WITH CHICKEN DINNER?
Finally, if you ever decide to make this recipe and share it on Facebook or Instagram. Don’t forget to tag me @onehungrymonkey, or #onehungrymonkey. I would love to see your delicious creations! Never miss a recipe by signing up for our email list!
Easy Chicken Dinner Recipe
- 2 Bone-in Chicken Breast
- 600 g Yukon Gold Potatoes
- 800 g Cauliflower
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 1/4 tsp Chili Powder
- 1/2 tsp Cumin
- 1/2 tsp Onion Powder
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 stem Rosemary
- 2 stem Thyme
- 3/4 tsp Salt
- Preheat the oven to 190C°/375Fª.
- Peel potatoes, cut into medium-sized chunks. Set aside
- Cut cauliflowers into florets. Marinate in 1 tbsp of olive oil, 1/4 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp chilli powder, and 1/4 tsp of garlic powder.
- Rinse the chicken breasts with water, then dry it with a paper towel. Marinate the chicken breasts with 1 tsp of chilli powder, 1/2 tsp of cumin, 1/2 tsp of onion powder, 1/2 tsp of garlic powder, and 1/4 tsp of salt.
- Boil water in a medium-sized pot. When water starts to boil, add the potato chunks. Cook for 10 minutes on medium-high heat or until the potatoes are fork-tender.
- Season the potatoes with 1/4 tsp of garlic powder, 1/4 tsp of salt, 1/2 tbsp of oil, 1 stem of rosemary, and 2 stems of thyme.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place the chicken with the skin side up. Add potatoes around the chicken. Place in the oven for 10 minutes. Then add cauliflower, and bake for another 20 minutes. Ready to serve.
Want to save this Mushroom Gravy Recipe for later? Pin the recipe to your Pinterest boards: