Buttery, Fluffy, Creamy Mashed Potatoes is the best side dish! These Creamy Mashed Potatoes are super easy to make and come out perfectly creamy every time!
Mashed potatoes are my favourite side dish during the holidays. It goes perfectly with chicken, turkey and roast beef and it’s a dish that pairs perfectly with our easy Mushroom Gravy Recipe.
How to Make Creamy Mashed Potatoes
The secret to making great, creamy mashed potatoes is to use a food processor instead of mashing the potatoes by hand. I have found it to save so much time and the potatoes come out smooth and creamy like you wouldn’t believe. Honestly, it’s a game-changer. All you have to do is to throw cooked potatoes and the rest of the ingredients into the food processor and blend everything up.
What Potatoes are Best for Mashing?
The best potatoes for mashing are the ones that contain high starch. My favourites are Yukon Gold and Russets because of their high starch content and good flavour, and they always give me the fluffiest and smoothest textures when I make this recipe.
I wouldn’t recommend red or white potatoes because they have a waxy texture so it won’t give us the mashed potatoes that are creamy and smooth.
How Long to Boil the Potatoes for Mashed
The amount of time it takes to boil the potatoes depends on how big you cut them. Generally speaking, it takes about 15 minutes to cook the potatoes. Use a fork to pierce a piece of potato, if it is easy that means the potatoes are ready to be mashed.
What is Best Served with Mashed Potatoes?
Finally, if you ever decide to make this recipe and share it on Facebook or Instagram. Don’t forget to tag me @onehungrymonkey, or #onehungrymonkey. I would love to see your delicious creations! Never miss a recipe by signing up for our email list!
Creamy Mashed Potatoes
- 675 g Yukon Potatoes
- 1 tsp Himalayan Salt
- 1/3 cup Milk or almond milk
- 2 tbsp Butter or vegan butter
- Food Processor
- Large pot
- Peel the potatoes, cut into medium-sized chunks.
Making Mashed Potatoes
- Add the potato chunks into the large pot. Filled the pot with water enough to cover the potatoes.
- Bring the water to a boil and let them cook on medium-high for 15 minutes or until you can pierce them easily with a fork. Drain well
- Add the cooked potatoes, salt, butter, milk into the food processor. Blend the potatoes until the potatoes turn into a smooth and creamy texture.
- Substitute milk and butter for almond milk and vegan butter for vegan option.
- Keep mashed potatoes in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Want to save this recipe for later? Pin the recipe to your Pinterest boards: