These delicious Vegan, GF, Sugar-Free, and Oil-Free Chocolate Energy Balls are the perfect snack! They are crunchy on the outside, sweet and chocolaty on the inside! They also only require 5 ingredients and are ready in just 15 minutes!
Why I Love These Chocolate Energy Balls
I made these energy balls because I wanted something delicious after I worked out and – being completely honest – anything chocolate makes my heart sing. So I came up with these energy balls which are incredibly easy to make and very rich and delicious. The best part is you won’t be able to tell that there is no added sugar in this recipe which makes them perfect for snacking on whenever you want.
How to Make Healthy Chocolate Energy Balls
These energy balls only take 15 minutes to make. You will need a food processor for this recipe to blend up the dates with all the other ingredients.
- Add all ingredients into the food processor. (dates, nut butter, oatmeal flour, cocoa powder, and salt)
- Once everything is mixed. Roll the energy ball dough mixture into balls.
- Roll the energy balls into your favourite coating. (I used cocoa nibs, and crushed almonds, highly recommend it)
- If you have a nut allergy a great substitute I have found to work is Sunflower Seed Butter. Make sure you check the label before using it. You can also switch out almonds with cocoa nibs as a great alternative.
How to Store these Chocolate Energy Balls
These energy balls can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks. Freeze up to 3 months.
If you enjoyed this recipe, you may also like:
- Healthy Brownie Recipe (Oil-Free/GF)
- Easy Thumbprint Cookies (V/GF/Oil-Free)
- Strawberry Crumble Bars (V/GF/Oil-Free)
Finally, if you ever decide to make this recipe and share it on Facebook or Instagram. Don’t forget to tag me @onehungrymonkey, or #onehungrymonkey. I would love to see your delicious creations! Never miss a recipe by signing up for our email list!
Chocolate Energy Balls (V/GF/Oil-Free/Sugar-Free)
- 1 cup Oat Flour
- 145 g Medjool Date
- 1/3 cup Nut Butter
- 2 tbsp Cocoa Powder
- 1/8 tsp Himalayan Salt
- Food Processor
- Measuring Spoons
- Measuring cups
Make the Energy Balls
- Add oat flour, Medjool dates, nut butter, cocoa powder, and Himalayan salt into the food processor.
- Blend until everything is well incorporated. If the mixture is a little dry add 1/2 tbsp of water at a time to the mixture and mix/pulse until it becomes a dough-like mixture.
- Use a rounded tablespoon to scoop the dough and carefully form the dough into balls. Damp your hands to avoid sticking to the dough. There should be about 18 chocolate energy balls in total.
- Roll the chocolate energy balls in crushed almonds and cocoa nibs. Enjoy!
- I have found sunflower seed butter to be a good substitute for nut butter. Make sure you check the labels before using it.
- Coat the energy balls in cocoa nibs instead of crushed almonds.
- Refrigerator: air-tight container for 2 weeks.
- Freezer: air-tight container for 3 months.
Want to save this Easy Thumbprint Cookie recipe for later? Pin the recipe to your Pinterest boards: