Easy to make, delicious and healthy Chicken Stir Fry Noodles ready in just 20 minutes! It’s the perfect weeknight dinner, plus it’s healthier, lighter and more flavourful!
Go into the new year strong and healthy with these stir-fried rice noodles with chicken that are sure to please everyone. I originally made this recipe for my friend Jenna over at https://www.bootybuildingbox.com/ because she was looking for a healthy recipe to go with the amazing workouts that she has created. She loved it so much, and now I am sharing it with you here.
I believe that using simple ingredients like lots of fresh, crunchy veggies is the key to making a great stir fry. There is something magical about having a huge bowl of this stir fry and feeling absolutely fantastic because it wasn’t full of unhealthy fillers. For this recipe, I used a tonne of mixed vegetables and only lightly infused an Asian flavour by adding some soy sauce and oyster sauce. That’s it!
- Yellow bell pepper
- Green Onion
- Dry red chilli (optional)
This dish is very versatile. Feel free to use different vegetables that you have on hand to add to the dish!
What Kind of Noodles Do You Use for Stir Fry?
There are lots of options when it comes to noodles for stir fry. I chose to use rice noodles for this dish for its soft and chewy texture that goes perfectly with this dish. These noodles also only need to be soaked in warm water before eating, which saves a lot of time.
You can definitely experiment with whatever kind of noodle you have on hand to make this dish, too. My only advice is to cook the noodles separately from the vegetables, and only combining them when they are both ready cooked. That way you don’t end up with one component being overcooked compared to the other.
How to Make Chicken Stir Fry Noodles?
This chicken stir fry noodles will only take 20 minutes to make!
Breaks it down into 4 simple steps:
- Stir fry the garlic, ginger, onion
- Stir fry chicken
- Add veggies
- Add noodles and sauce
If you enjoyed this recipe, you may also like:
Finally, if you ever decide to make this recipe and share it on Facebook or Instagram. Don’t forget to tag me @onehungrymonkey, or #onehungrymonkey. I would love to see your delicious creations! Never miss a recipe by signing up for our email list!
Chicken Stir Fry Noodles (Easy/20min)
- 450 g Chicken Thigh
- 300 g Rice Noodle
- 85 g Yellow Bell Pepper
- 110 g Carrot
- 110 g Broccoli
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 20 g Green Onion
- 5 g Ginger
- 2 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp Oyster Sauce
- 1 tsp Sesame Oil
- 2 Chili Flake Optional
- Large pan/wok
- Dice ginger, garlic, then slice the green onions into 1/2 cm chunks. Set aside.
- Cut the chicken thigh into medium-sized chunks. Then marinate it in 1 tbsp of soy sauce. Set aside.
- Cut broccoli into small florets, slice the carrot into thin slices, then cut the yellow bell pepper into long slices.
- Cook noodles according to instructions.
Making Stir Fry Noodles
- Stir fry garlic, ginger, 1/2 of the green onion, and dry chili in 2 tbsp of olive oil for 2-3 on medium-high heat until fragrant.
- Add marinated chicken into the frying pan, stir fry for about 5 minutes on high heat until the chicken is hot and cooked.
- Add all the vegetables and fry for another 5-8 minutes on medium-high heat.
- Add noodles, 1 tbsp of soy sauce, and 1 tbsp of oyster sauce, 1 tsp of sesame oil. Add sauce to taste.
- Garnish with green onion, and dry chili. Enjoy!
- For gluten-free option. Be sure to use gluten-free soy sauce and oyster sauce.
Want to save this Easy Thumbprint Cookie recipe for later? Pin the recipe to your Pinterest boards: