This delicious Bolognese Pasta Recipe is a rustic take on a classic Italian dish. It’s hearty, comforting, great for an easy weeknight dinner, and ready in just 30 minutes! Oh, and it’s also Paleo and Whole 30 friendly, too!
What is a Bolognese Sauce?
The original bolognese sauce comes from Bologna, Italy, and is a meat-based (usually ground beef) tomato sauce. This recipe is a little bit different in that we don’t actually use a sauce in the traditional sense. Instead, we use slow cooked cherry tomatoes in olive oil, herbs, salt and balsamic vinegar – simple ingredients when combined smell absolutely amazing! We then add the ground beef when the cherry tomatoes have started to release their juices into the pan.
As you can already tell this deconstructed bolognese relies on using simple, healthy ingredients in order to be delicious. The dish also doesn’t hide behind store-bought sauces with large amounts of sugar and sodium, but rather the natural flavours of the cherry tomatoes and ground beef. It’s a really great option without giving up all the amazing flavours.
What you will need for the sauce:
- Ground Beef
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Fresh Parsley
- Olive Oil
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Himalayan Salt
- Black Pepper
Add-ons For This Easy Bolognese Pasta Recipe
There are many other ingredients you can add/substitute to enhance this recipe – after all, no one way fits for everyone. Here are some of the ingredients you can add-on to make this your own version of bolognese pasta!
- Ground Lamb
- Aromatics like onion, chilli, leeks
- Veggies such as carrots and peppers
- Cheese (parmigiana Reggiano is highly recommended)
If you enjoyed this recipe, you may also like:
- Easy Turkey Meatballs (Whole30/Paleo)
- Butternut Squash Gnocchi (8 Ingredients)
- Easy Turkey Chili (One-Pot/30 min)
Finally, if you ever decide to make this recipe and share it on Facebook or Instagram. Don’t forget to tag me @onehungrymonkey, or #onehungrymonkey. I would love to see your delicious creations! Never miss a recipe by signing up for our email list!
Quick and Easy Pasta For Dinner
- 140 g Spaghetti
- 200 g Ground Beef
- 280 g Cherry Tomato
- 4 cloves Garlic
- 1 tsp Parmesan Cheese optional
- 1 tsp Fresh Parsley
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan Salt
- 1 tsp Chilli Flakes optional
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- Large Frying Pan
- Large pot
- Dice garlic into small pieces. Set aside.
- Chop the parsley into 1/2 cm length. Set aside.
- Cook pasta according to the package instruction and set aside.
Making the "sauce" and pasta
- Heat olive oil in a large frying pan and fry diced garlic for 2-3 minutes on medium heat.
- Add cherry tomato, parsley, oregano, balsamic vinegar. Mix well until everything is evenly incorporated. Cook on low heat for about 7 minutes until the tomato and garlic are infused with all the flavours of the spices. At this point, you can pop the tomatoes with a spatula and let all the flavours marinated in the sauce.
- Add ground beef, Himalayan salt, black pepper, cook on medium-high heat for 4-5 minutes until the beef is fully cooked.
- Add your cooked pasta and cook for 1 minute and serve while hot.
- Garnish with fresh parsley, chilli flakes, freshly grated parmesan cheese. Enjoy!
Want to save this recipe for later? Pin the recipe to your Pinterest boards: