Here is the Best Pumpkin Pie Recipe that is decadent and delicious. It just happens to be Vegan, Gluten-Free, and only requires 7 healthy ingredients! Perfect for a family gathering or a treat after dinner!
No one can deny that one of the best parts of Fall is that pumpkin is in season, and today we are going to make the pump-KING of pumpkin pies. I absolutely love pumpkin pie because of its texture and unique taste, and this recipe is sure to please everyone along with the Vegan and Gluten-Free members of your family. I can ensure you there is no reason to ever think of buying pumpkin pie once you try this one out.
A Healthy Pumpkin Pie?
Did I mention this pumpkin pie is also healthy? What makes this pumpkin pie recipe the best is its 7 wholesome ingredients. Who says pumpkin pies can’t be good for you. I found no need for butter, eggs or refined sugar to make a healthier version of our classic favourite treat. Instead, just let the natural flavours come through and it comes out perfect every time!😋
How to Make the Pumpkin Pie Filling
Making the pumpkin pie filling is incredibly easy! All it takes is to add all the ingredients into a high-speed food processor. Blend until everything is silky smooth. And that’s it, we have our pumpkin pie filling. If you don’t have a high-speed blender you can also use a hand mixer, food processor, or even just hand mixing with a spatula will work too!
There are 2 secret ingredients to make the filling extra creamy without any dairy or eggs:
- Full-fat coconut milk: Makes the pumpkin pie filling creamy and rich.
- Corn Starch: this works as a thickener instead of eggs so that the pie holds its shape without being too runny. I would not recommend substituting either of these ingredients.
The Pie Crust
The best pumpkin pie needs the best pie crust. Here is my Pie Crust that is Vegan, Gluten-Free, and easy to make in just 20 minutes. I literally use this pie crust recipe for all my pies. Its buttery flavour and tender texture are the perfect combinations with our pumpkin pie filling!
Once you start baking the pie I guarantee your whole kitchen will start to smell amazing.
The Best Way to Serve
The best way to serve this piece of decadent dessert is to top it off with some whipped cream. It’s a total must! It takes the pie to a whole new level! These are perfect for a family gathering, holiday celebrations, and satisfy those fall flavour dessert cravings!😉
- I used my Easy Pie Crust recipe to make this Gluten-Free, Vegan pumpkin pie. You can substitute the pie crust with your preference.
- If you are looking for more Vegan, Healthy dessert recipes, check out my Strawberry Crumble Bars & Cookies and Cream Donut, Peanut Butter Chocolate Granola Bars, and Blueberry Muffins.
Finally, if you ever decide to make this recipe and share on Facebook or Instagram. Don’t forget to tag me @onehungrymonkey, or #onehungrymonkey. I would love to see your delicious creations! Never miss a recipe by signing up to our email list!
Best Pumpkin Pie Recipe
- 600 g Pumpkin Puree
- 1/2 cup Coconut Sugar
- 1 tbsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1/2 1/4 cup Full Fat Coconut Milk
- 1/4 cup Corn Starch
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 tsp Himalayan Salt
- High Speed Blender
Prep the oven
- Preheat the oven to 175C°/350F°.
Make the pie
- Add pumpkin puree, coconut sugar, pumpkin spice, full-fat coconut milk, corn starch, vanilla extract, and Himalayan salt into a high-speed blender. Blend for 30-60 seconds until the pumpkin pie fill is smooth and thick.
- Pour the pumpkin pie filling into a 9" baking pan with prepared pie dough. Smooth the top with a spatula.
- Bake for 40 minutes. Let the pumpkin pie cool for about 20 minutes before slicing and serving.
- The pie will keep in the fridge for up to 7 days.
- If you are not using a high-speed blender be sure to mix the mixture thoroughly without leaving any unmixed corn starch in the pumpkin filling.
Want to save The Best Pumpkin Recipe for later? Pin the recipe to your Pinterest boards: